Monday, August 9, 2010

I'm having WHAT??

Another week, another week of meal planning... er... hmm... too busy to shop this weekend.  Didn't pack or plan anything ahead of time. I'm trying to make good choices from what's available, and working a 12 hour day (and commuting). 

Ok... we've been here before.  Let's see how we can make it work with what we've got.  The breakfast and 2-3 snacks I've got down pat. 

Today's lunch and dinner... how to make a healthy main meal when you haven't gone shopping?   Ok... what's available?   The only meat we have are smokies.  Hmmm.  
Tasty, sure... but they are pretty greasy and will hike my calorie count   Some leftover bagged salad... that works.   Make the best of a bad situation, 1/2 smokie with salad for lunch, cooked in the microwave and blotted with paper towel to soak up a lot of the grease.   Same thing for dinner.   Stick with my regular lunch and regular dinner.   The calories for the smokie are only about 300, the fat is up there at 26 grams of fat.  
Not the best day I've had, but certainly not the worst either.   I guess sometimes all you can do it so make the best choices out of what you have available.  The smokie was a good change of pace and sure made the greens a lot easier to choke down!!   Blotting the grease from the meat really does help. I've stayed away from the salad dressing today just thinking about the extra grease in the meat was more than I could handle.  

All things in sensible amounts and in moderation makes it a "real life" choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment