Friday, August 13, 2010

It's been a rough week...

I had a fall at work on Tuesday and have had a rough week.  Injured my left arm which means one handed typing and time in a sling.  Thank goodness no broken bones, just bruising and swelling.

I've had no weight loss progress this week.   I gained two pounds and lost it again... but no real weight loss, which is really disappointing.   It's sure hard to maintain good spirits when the progress stops.  Physically I haven't been able to work out, I'm on pain meds and am having problems sleeping... which is why I'm writing this at 2:25 a.m.   It's so hard to stay on track when things are going sideways.  I'm also waiting for exam results for a really difficult course I took through work... to give you an idea, only 16% of the class passed the midterm... so you can understand my stress level waiting for the final exam results. 

Game plan: 
- accept that I have no control over what happens with my exam, pass or fail, what's done is done.  If I pass, that's wonderful.  If I fail, I can re-write.
- stay on top of my meds and try to keep my pain under control.
- rest, try to get some sleep
- take care of myself, especially when I feel down in the dumps, which for me mean have a shower, get dressed, eat from my meal plan... eventually things will come together.
- continue to write out my game plan, it really does help, sooner or later the weight will start to move again. 
- remember that my arm will heal, just needs a little time.
- deep breaths, one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment